Many people feel a certain amount of trepidation when they need a pavement constructed, repaired, or replaced. They know that there are numerous factors to consider, including the cost, but they may not know precisely how to weigh all factors to ensure that their Austin paving project goes smoothly. If you would welcome a little advice on the topic, the following information might help.
What Are the Critical Steps for Ensuring a Successful Austin Paving Project?
Although a paving project has many steps, your paving contractor in Austin TX will handle most of them. However, there are some critical steps that you will need to handle yourself or with the assistance of your paving contractor.
1. Hire a reputable paving contractor in Austin TX.
2. Decide on the type of project you need your contractor to complete for paving your Austin TX property.
3. Know what actions you need to take to ensure that your paving project flows smoothly.
What Are Some Tips for Hiring a Reputable Austin Paving Contractor?
Although there is no shortage of paving contractors in the Austin area, not every contractor offers identical services or has identical experience. If you already know the type of project you want, including the paving material, look for a contractor with relevant experience. For example, when it comes to paving Austin concrete parking lots, a contractor whose primary focus is sealcoating asphalt driveways probably should not be on your list of potential paving contractors. If you are not certain about the specifics of your project, you might want to consider a contractor who has been paving Austin properties with both materials on a variety of large and small projects. Be sure to collect references from the contractor, and make sure that the company is adequately insured.
How Do I Decide on the Type of Austin Paving Project I Need?
The experience and skills of your paving contractor in Austin TX will be especially important in this step. Paving contractors who work with both asphalt and concrete will know the advantages and disadvantages of each material. If you have a bedraggled asphalt pavement, an experienced contractor will know whether it can be resuscitated with an overlay. If you need a new pavement built to support a high volume of heavyweight trucks, your contractor will know the best way to construct it. Your contractor can also determine whether your site will present special challenges that will need to be addressed as part of your paving project, including drainage problems. Keep in mind that this step will require you and your paving contractor in Austin TX to communicate with each other in an unambiguous manner. If your contractor makes a recommendation or statement that you do not fully understand, ask for clarification. If you feel that your contractor does not fully understand your statements regarding what you do and do not want, your priorities, or your concerns, clarify matters.
How Do I Know What Actions I Must Take on My Paving Project?
As a rule, paving contractors are quite good at advising clients of which actions are the client’s and which are the contractor’s responsibility. However, it is possible for certain tasks to be overlooked. Although the following tasks may seem minor, they have the potential to disrupt a paving Austin project if they are overlooked.
1. Make sure you know who is responsible for securing any necessary permits for paving your Austin property.
2. If your project will disrupt your normal operations, make sure that you understand how notice will be given and by whom.
3. Make sure that you know when you will be able to permit foot traffic and vehicle traffic on your new or repaired pavement.
4. Ask your contractor who will be responsible for removing barricades and other traffic control devices.
5. Typically, when paving Austin properties over multiple days, contractors provide clients with a map and schedule to show which area will be undertaken on which day. If your contractor does not offer one, ask for it, then check it regularly to make sure that your contractor has not forgotten to notify you of any changes.
RDC Paving is a well-respected paving contractor in Austin TX. Our concrete services include the installation of concrete ramps, parking lots, curbs, ADA features, sidewalks, and driveways as well as concrete repairs. Our asphalt services include paving, overlays, milling, crack repairs, sealcoating, driveway paving, and repairs. We also offer parking lot maintenance plans and parking lot striping. We are known for our extraordinary craftsmanship, responsive service, and professional integrity. To request a free quote, send an email to Ryan@RDCPaving.com, fill out the online form, or call 512-920-9155.