Positioned along Interstate 35 between San Antonio and Austin, the town of San Marcos is well-situated to benefit from the explosive growth of both metropolises. Between 1970 and 2020, the population of San Marcos more than tripled, rising from 18,860 to over 67,500. To help them keep pace with the growth, businesses and homeowners in San Marcos frequently count on RDC Paving to supply their pavement-related needs, including parking lot striping, driveway paving, asphalt sealcoating, concrete paving and repair, asphalt crack repair, asphalt paving and overlaying, parking lot maintenance, concrete wheel stops, asphalt milling, and asphalt repair.
What Is the History of San Marcos, Texas?
Although archaeologists have found evidence that the land around San Marcos was inhabited by indigenous tribes as long as 12,000 years ago, there were no written records until a Spanish expedition arrived in 1689. These explorers named the river that they found the San Marcos. The region remained largely uninhabited until after the turn of the 19th century. A group of settlers from Mexico arrived in 1808 and founded a community that incorporated the name of the river. However, after four years of floods, wolf attacks on livestock, conflicts with the Native Americans, and intermittent dry spells that bordered on droughts, the settlers moved on, leaving the area very sparsely populated until Anglo settlers began arriving in 1846. During the early years, the town’s economy revolved around the grinding and milling of locally grown agricultural products, and agriculture remained an important part of the local economy after the railroad reached San Marcos in 1881. The population continued to grow, going from 741 in 1870 to 4,527 in 1920. World War II ushered in significant changes, including the establishment of the San Marcos Army Air Field in 1942, which help boost and diversify the local economy. Today, the educational and tourism industries are important parts of the city’s economy.
What Services Can RDC Paving Provide in San Marcos?
We offer homeowners, government agencies, and businesses an assortment of paving services, including those appearing below.
- Asphalt Paving, San Marcos, TX: Fast and economical to install, maintain, and repair, asphalt has become the leading paving choice for city streets, suburban drives, and parking lots of all sizes.
- Asphalt Overlay, San Marcos, TX: An asphalt overlay can be a remarkably cost-effective way to rejuvenate a pavement without the expense of removing the existing pavement and rebuilding it.
- Asphalt Driveway Paving, San Marcos, TX: From circular driveways to traditional drives that lead to the garage, we can provide you with a new or replacement driveway that will increase your curb appeal and potentially increase your property value.
- Asphalt Repair, San Marcos, TX: Typically, when we talk about repairing asphalt, we are focusing on damage that will require more than a simple crack repair. Alligatored asphalt and pothole repairs normally fall within this category.
- Asphalt Milling, San Marcos, TX: Milling is a versatile technique that has numerous applications. The most common uses of milling include preparing a pavement to accept an overlay, eliminate bumpy transitions between connecting pavements, and correct some types of drainage problems.
- Asphalt Sealcoating, San Marcos, TX: A fresh application of sealcoating every two or three years can often double the useful life of asphalt pavements. Sealcoating also offers cosmetic benefits so that your pavement looks its best.
- Asphalt Crack Repair, San Marcos, TX: Usually, cracks in asphalt pavements are repaired by filling or sealing them. Because water entering through open cracks can destabilize the pavement’s foundation, significant cracks should be repaired quickly.
- Parking Lot Striping, San Marcos, TX: Professional parking lot striping can make your property safer and more appealing, but it can also help you ensure that you are in complete compliance with all federal and local regulations.
- Parking Lot Maintenance, San Marcos, TX: A routine maintenance plan can make your parking lot more inviting, enhance safety, and protect your investment in paving. A good plan should include sealcoating, parking lot sweeping, crack repairs, and pavement cleaning as well as striping and marking, the replacement of damaged wheel stops, and the replacement or repair of signs and their mounting posts.
- Concrete Wheel Stops, San Marcos, TX: Concrete wheel stops help guide drivers while they are parking. They can also deter drivers from taking unsafe shortcuts or committing reckless actions.
- Concrete Paving and Repair, San Marcos, TX: Concrete can be an excellent choice for pavements that must support heavy loads, including the areas around loading docks and dumpsters, and it is also well-suited for curbs, sidewalks, ADA ramps, and sidewalks.
If you need any of the services we offer in San Marcos, contact us for a free quote by either calling 512-920-9155 or submitting our online form. We have the experience, reputation, skills, staffing, and equipment to deliver work of the highest quality at reasonable prices.