Leander lies about five miles west of Georgetown and approximately 22 miles from Austin. When businesses and homeowners in Leander need asphalt paving or repair, driveway paving, asphalt crack repair, parking lot striping, asphalt overlays, concrete wheel stops, concrete paving or repair, parking lot maintenance, asphalt milling, or asphalt sealcoating, they often ask the experts at RDC Paving for assistance.
What Is the History of Leander?
Long before Europeans arrived, the area around Leander was populated by indigenous tribes. One skeleton, nicknamed the Leanderthal Lady, was discovered in 1983, and subsequent testing and analysis found it is between 10,000 and 13,000 years old. If you jump forward several millennia, you will come to the first Anglo-American post built in Williamson County, Tumlinson Fort, established by the Texas Rangers in 1836. Tumlinson Fort was built about four miles south of modern-day Leander on Brushy Creek. The fort had a brief life, however, due to the Texas Revolution. The abandoned post was allegedly burned to the ground by Native Americans. In 1882, the town of Leander was established on land that the Austin and Northwestern Railroad Company sold to prospective citizens; the name of the town was chosen to honor a railroad official, Leander Brown. The town was not officially incorporated until 1978, at which time the population was around 2,000 people. The population grew steadily during the 1980s and 1990s, reaching almost 7,600 in 2000. By 2010, the population had more than tripled to 26,521, and the 2019 estimated population was over 62,600.
What Services Does RDC Paving Offer in Leander?
If people will be walking, parking, or driving on your pavement, we can probably build, repair, or maintain it.
- Asphalt Paving, Leander, TX: The category of asphalt paving includes new construction, reconstruction, asphalt overlays, and speed bump installation.
- Asphalt Overlay, Leander, TX: An asphalt overlay can be a cost-effective way to extend the life of an aging pavement. The procedure typically involves milling the existing surface, then replacing the material removed with fresh asphalt.
- Driveway Paving, Leander, TX: A well-constructed asphalt driveway can enhance your property values as well as your curb appeal.
- Asphalt Repair, Leander, TX: Potholes, alligator cracking, and other types of pavement damage should be repaired promptly to protect the integrity of the base layers. Asphalt patching is a common type of asphalt repair.
- Asphalt Milling, Leander, TX: Milling machines can quickly grind away asphalt pavement to a very precise depth. Milling can help prepare a pavement for an overlay, smooth transitions between pavements, correct certain drainage issues, or remove all layers of an existing pavement that needs to be rebuilt.
- Asphalt Sealcoating, Leander, TX: Sealcoating is a highly effective, very economical way to prevent damage to an asphalt pavement from the sun, water infiltration, and automotive fluids. It also provides cosmetic benefits to give the pavement a smoother, darker appearance.
- Asphalt Crack Repair, Leander, TX: Open cracks can lead to major structural damage that can be expensive to repair. If you want to avoid major repairs or the premature failure of your pavement, you should have cracks filled or sealed as soon as you notice them.
- Parking Lot Striping, Leander, TX: Professional striping can help you maintain order in your parking lot, make it a safer place, and keep you in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Parking Lot Maintenance, Leander, TX: Parking lot maintenance includes cleaning, routine small repairs, pavement markings and striping, and sealcoating. It also includes the repair or replacement of damaged wheel stops and signs.
- Concrete Wheel Stops, Leander, TX: Concrete wheel stops help guide drivers while they are parking. They can also help prevent reckless drivers from committing unsafe acts, including cutting across multiple parking aisles.
- Concrete Paving & Repair, Leander, TX: Concrete is an excellent choice for sidewalks, ADA ramps, dumpster pads, curbing, and many other applications. We install concrete paving, and we also repair concrete that has subsided, been uplifted, damaged by traffic, or cracked.
RDC Paving can help you with any or all of the services listed above. We are known for our honesty, reliability, workmanship, and customer service. We take the time to learn exactly what each customer needs, then we discuss the various options to ensure that the results will exceed expectations. If you would like a free quote, you can call us at 512-920-9155, or you can submit the online request form.