Given Austin’s diverse economic base, comparatively low housing costs, and relatively mild winters, it is easy to see why the city has experienced explosive growth. Between 1960 and 2020, the population more than quadrupled, increasing from 186,545 to 961,855. RDC Paving is proud to have been part of the city’s growth by helping Austinites with their parking lot maintenance, asphalt paving, asphalt repair, driveway paving, asphalt overlay, parking lot striping, concrete paving, asphalt crack repair, concrete wheel stop, asphalt milling, concrete repair, and asphalt sealcoating needs.
What Is Austin’s History?
Over 11,000 years ago, the Austin area was home to people belonging to the Clovis culture. When Spanish explorers arrived in the late 1600s, the area was inhabited by the Tonkawa tribe, and the Lipan Apaches and the Comanches traveled through occasionally. Although the Spanish established some missions in the area around 1730, permanent settlements were few and far between. In an effort to populate the territory, the Spanish began offering land grants to empresarios who were responsible for recruiting settlers, and Americans began to arrive in the area. After Mexico won its independence from Spain, more settlements sprang up, especially beside the Colorado River. In 1836, Texas won its independence from Mexico, and three years later, the community of Waterloo was selected as the capital of the new republic. The community was renamed Austin to honor Stephen F. Austin.
The city grew rapidly during the last half of the 19th century. In 1850, the town had a mere 629 residents, but in 1900, more than 22,200 people lived in Austin. The city continued to grow through World War I, the Great Depression, and World War II, reaching a population of 132,459 in 1950. The construction of Interstate 35 helped increase the population to 253,539 by 1970. Austin also became home to numerous technology companies that either relocated to or were founded in the city. By 1990, the population had grown to 465,622, but the current population is more than twice that number, and there are no signs that the growth rate will slow anytime soon.
What Services Can RDC Paving Provide to Austinites?
We offer a wide range of services for the installation, repair, and maintenance of commercial and residential pavements, including the items on the following list.
- Asphalt Paving, Austin, TX: Asphalt paving is an excellent choice if you need a durable, attractive pavement that can be completed quickly and economically.
- Asphalt Overlay, Austin, TX: An overlay is a procedure that can frequently be a cost-effective way to breathe new life into an aging or damaged pavement.
- Driveway Paving, Austin, TX: Whether you want a complex drive or a simple one, we can provide you with a driveway that can increase the aesthetic appeal of your property.
- Asphalt Repair, Austin, TX: When you need to repair potholes, alligatored asphalt, or other pavement damage, you can count on us to do the job right.
- Asphalt Milling, Austin, TX: Milling machines can be used to create rumble strips, grind away a couple of inches for an overlay, remove an entire pavement, or resolve certain other issues.
- Asphalt Sealcoating, Austin, TX: The sun, petrochemicals, and water are all formidable enemies, but sealcoating helps protect your asphalt pavement from the damages they can inflict.
- Asphalt Crack Repair, Austin, TX: Open cracks admit water that will work its way through the pavement’s entire structure. The damage inflicted on the pavement’s base layers by the water can lead to alligator cracking, surface depressions, and potholes.
- Parking Lot Striping, Austin, TX: Expert parking lot striping improves safety, allows you to provide parking for more vehicles, helps ensure ADA compliance, and contributes to the perception others have of your business.
- Parking Lot Maintenance, Austin, TX: Routine maintenance helps your parking lot last longer and look better. Pavement maintenance includes sealcoating, crack repairs, periodic cleanings, and striping, but parking lot maintenance should also include your signs, landscaping, and wheel stops.
- Concrete Wheel Stops, Austin, TX: Concrete wheel stops help discourage drivers from taking unsafe shortcuts. They also help drivers ensure that they are parked correctly within a space.
- Concrete Paving and Repair, Austin, TX: We have experienced concrete professionals on our staff who can construct your concrete pavements as well as repair them.
For help with any of these paving services, contact RDC Paving. We have an impeccable reputation for exemplary work and outstanding customer service. If you would like to request a free, no-obligation quote, submit our online form. If you prefer to call our office, the number is 512-920-9155.