No matter what type of business you operate, your parking lot is crucial to your success. You may have heard people say that it is important to have a well-maintained asphalt parking lot. However, this blanket statement does not answer an important question: Exactly what would that look like?
What Are the Elements of a Well-Maintained Asphalt Parking Lot?
When you think of a well-maintained parking lot, the first image that springs to mind is probably related to its curb appeal. Curb appeal is how aesthetically pleasing the parking lot is, but it also includes how well the parking lot integrates with its surroundings. Curb appeal is certainly important for asphalt paving in Austin, but it is the result of three other things. They are the parking lot paving contractor who handled the construction, the parking lot maintenance that the pavement has received throughout its life, and the timeliness of any needed parking lot repairs.
What Is the Connection Between Parking Lot Paving Companies and the Curb Appeal of an Asphalt Lot?
Constructing an asphalt pavement involves a series of steps that a contractor needs to follow. One of the most important steps is the compaction of the asphalt courses. If proper compaction is not achieved, the surface can be riddled with lumps, bumps, and depressions. The parking lot will not have much curb appeal, but it will also require more parking lot repairs.
How Does Proper Maintenance Affect the Appearance of an Asphalt Parking Lot?
Parking lot maintenance is an integral part of retaining both the appearance and the health of an asphalt pavement.
1. Sealcoating is one of the most critical asphalt maintenance procedures, and it is also one of the most economical. Sealcoating helps an asphalt pavement retain its original, luxurious, dark color. In most cases, it can also restore the color of faded pavements. In addition, sealcoating gives the surface of the pavement a smoother, more even appearance.
2. Sealcoating is also essential for protecting the health of asphalt paving in Austin. Sealcoating will prevent the pavement from becoming hard, brittle, and easily damaged. The fewer the number of parking lot repairs that a pavement needs, the more attractive your parking lot will be.
3. Deposits of oil and other automotive fluids are not going to increase the curb appeal of your parking lot. Unfortunately, if you do not remove these fluids, they will turn the asphalt beneath them into a soft, crumbly mess that will quickly evolve into a pothole.
4. Parking lot maintenance also includes your lines and markings. Pavement markings and line striping help keep your parking lot legally compliant, enhance safety, and protect you from potential liabilities. However, vibrant, neat lines and markings also improve the aesthetics of your parking lot.
How Might Timely Repairs Affect the Appearance of an Asphalt Parking Lot?
When your asphalt pavement develops a pothole or cracks, you should repair the damage sooner rather than later.
1. Potholes and cracks are unattractive, and they can endanger pedestrians and cyclists. If breaks are severe enough, they can even damage cars.
2. In addition to being unsightly, cracks and potholes tend to spawn additional damage. Potholes will crumble around their edges, enabling cracks to spread out in all directions. Cracks will continue to expand until they are repaired. These breaks let water leak beneath the surface and damage the foundation. In turn, this leads to alligator cracking and pavement subsidence. You do not need to neglect your asphalt repairs for long before your parking lot is literally covered in unsightly damage.
3. Asphalt repairs may also be needed to correct pavement distress. Distress can manifest in several ways, including rutting, shoving, and raveling. These patterns of distress will significantly detract from your parking lot’s visual appeal.
The experts at RDC Paving can make your asphalt parking lot present the right image. We offer parking lot striping, asphalt repairs, concrete curbing, asphalt sealcoating, asphalt overlays, asphalt crack repairs, asphalt paving, concrete repairs, asphalt milling, parking lot maintenance, asphalt driveway paving, ADA-compliant concrete, and the installation of concrete parking lots, concrete sidewalks, concrete ramps, and concrete driveways. We are known for our amazing craftsmanship, extraordinary customer service, and profession integrity. If you would like to request a free job quote, submit the online form, email Ryan@RDCPaving.com, or call 512-920-9155.