At RDC Paving, we have many years of experience in the paving industry, and we have witnessed for ourselves that immense damage that can result if cracks in asphalt pavements are left exposed to the elements. If you want to avoid the premature deterioration of your asphalt pavement, costly repairs, and safety risks, you should call for an asphalt crack repair as soon as you notice that a break has developed.
Why Is It Important to Repair Cracks in Asphalt Pavements?
Most cracks in asphalt pavements are working cracks, which means that they react to temperature changes by expanding and contracting. All this activity allows a crack to grow longer, wider, and deeper. When it rains, the water will drain into the open cracks, move downward, and erode the foundation. Within a relatively short time, the weakened foundation will allow additional cracks and potholes to form, and alligator cracking can occur over large areas of the pavement. Before the pavement even reaches the middle of its life expectancy, the damage can be so widespread that the only cost-effective remedy is to demolish the existing pavement and completely rebuild it.
What Is Involved in an Asphalt Crack Repair?
Once we arrive, we will place any devices needed to control traffic near the work area. Next, we will clean around and inside the crack. We make use a router to create a material reservoir, smooth the walls of the void, or straighten the crack. Once the void is clean and dry, we’ll either fill it or seal it.
- Asphalt crack filling involves the insertion of a filler into the crack. Occasionally, the filler may extend a short distance onto the surrounding pavement. Although filling is initially less expensive than sealing, it’s not a permanent repair, so crack sealing can end up costing you less over time.
- Asphalt crack sealing involves the use of a flexible material that can expand and contract when temperatures fluctuate. The crack sealer is normally placed over the top of the crack, but a small amount may also be inserted into the void. Because crack sealer remains flexible, working cracks should be sealed rather than filled.
Why Should I Ask RDC to Provide My Paving Services?
That’s a fair question. We’ve already mentioned our extensive experience, so we’ll move on from there.
- We use top-notch materials. In the asphalt industry, there are several options for crack repair, paving, sealcoating, and striping materials. We carefully choose the best materials for each specific customer.
- We take steps to prevent delays. We own the latest equipment, and we maintain it ourselves to ensure that it works as it should whenever it is needed.
- We are extremely familiar with what causes or contributes to the development of cracks in asphalt pavements. We always endeavor to identify the culprit and eliminate it to prevent future damage to the pavement.
- We serve the greater Austin area, including the towns of Cedar Park, Round Rock, Leander, San Marcos, Georgetown, and Pflugerville.
- We are equipped and staffed to handle jobs of all sizes. Our crew members are our employees; we don’t hire day laborers, so you can rest easy that the workers on your property are trained, skilled, and experienced.
If you need asphalt crack repairs, asphalt paving, parking lot striping, asphalt resurfacing, driveway paving, asphalt sealcoating, concrete paving or repair, asphalt milling, parking lot maintenance, asphalt repair, or concrete wheel stops, contact us for a free quote. You can fill out the online request form, or you can call 512-920-9155.