Five years after Pflugerville was incorporated in 1965, the town’s population was 549. By 2020, the population exceeded 61,700. The rapid growth brought the need for more streets, parking lots, sidewalks, and other pavements to serve the town’s residents, commuters, and businesses. At RDC Paving, we have helped numerous people in Pflugerville with their driveway paving, asphalt overlay, parking lot maintenance, concrete repair, asphalt paving, parking lot striping, concrete paving, asphalt milling, concrete wheel stop, asphalt crack repair, sealcoating, and asphalt repair needs.
What Is the History of Pflugerville?
The town is named after Henry Pfluger, an immigrant from Germany who arrived in the area with his family around 1850. Pfluger initially purchased 160 acres of land, then expanded his farm in 1853 by purchasing an additional 960 acres. Until the decade following the Civil War, the area around what is now Pflugerville remained sparsely populated by farming families. A church and school were established during the 1870s, but the first commercial structure was a general store that opened in 1890. Pflugerville did not get a post office until 1893. By the mid-1890s, the population grew to about 250 people, and a small downtown area emerged to serve the residents and businesses. The town grew slowly until the railroad arrived in 1904. For a couple of decades, the town continued to grow and prosper, but the Great Depression interrupted the growth. World War II also had an impact, and roughly 25% of the town’s residents left to seek employment elsewhere. In 1980, Pflugerville had a population of 745, but, like many other towns in the area, Pflugerville experienced rapid growth that was partially driven by its proximity to Austin. In 1990, the population was 4,444, then increased more than tenfold by 2010.
What Services Does RDC Paving Offer in Pflugerville?
When you need a trustworthy, experienced contractor, you can count on RDC Paving to provide you with exceptional results on any of the following services.
- Asphalt Paving, Pflugerville, TX: Whether you need to build a cul-de-sac, replace an extensively damaged pavement, or construct a new parking lot, we have the skills, equipment, and staffing to do the job right.
- Asphalt Overlay, Pflugerville, TX: Before you decide to tear out and rebuild your pavement, ask us whether an overlay might be more cost-effective. An overlay could potentially save you thousands of dollars over a reconstruction.
- Asphalt Overlay, Pflugerville, TX: Your driveway can enhance or detract from your home’s curb appeal and value. We can help you ensure that your driveway will make a positive contribution.
- Asphalt Repair, Pflugerville, TX: Potholes, uneven wear, alligator cracking, and even car fires can make your pavement treacherous and unsightly. We can repair the damage to help you save your pavement from untimely deterioration.
- Asphalt Milling, Pflugerville, TX: When handled by skilled, experienced operators, milling machines can grind away as much or as little asphalt paving as the job requires. Milling can help smooth transitions, resolve certain drainage issues, or remove an entire asphalt pavement quickly. Milling is also widely used in conjunction with the installation of an overlay.
- Asphalt Sealcoating, Pflugerville, TX: If you want your asphalt pavement to have a long, attractive life, periodic applications of sealcoating can help you achieve those goals in an economical manner.
- Asphalt Crack Repair, Pflugerville, TX: When cracks form in an asphalt pavement, they should be repaired promptly to prevent water from penetrating the structure. Neglected cracks are a leading cause of potholes, base erosion, and alligator cracking.
- Parking Lot Striping, Pflugerville, TX: If the pavement markings and stripes in your parking lot are missing, damaged, or faded, the area can become more chaotic and less safe. You could also be placing yourself at risk for lawsuits or fines.
- Parking Lot Maintenance, Pflugerville, TX: A thoughtful, well-executed maintenance plan can help you get the most out of your parking lot investment. A good plan will include periodic sealcoating and striping, but it will also include the replacement or repair of gutters, curbs, signs, and wheel stops.
- Concrete Wheel Stops, Pflugerville, TX: Concrete wheel stops can discourage people from taking unsafe shortcuts, and they also help drivers position their vehicles properly inside the parking spaces.
- Concrete Paving and Repair, Pflugerville, TX: We can install your sidewalks, ramps, curbs, and other concrete pavements. We also offer concrete repairs.
RDC Paving offers the above services to customers in the greater Austin area, including the town of Pflugerville. We are a respected, highly experienced company with an exemplary reputation for customer service and craftsmanship. If you would like to request a free quote, you can complete our online form, or you can call 512-920-9155 to reach our Hutto office.