Killeen is situated approximately 125 miles southwest of Dallas and 55 miles north of Austin. Although it is not the county seat, Killeen is the most populous city in Bell County, which is partially due to its position adjacent to Fort Hood’s main cantonment. When people in Killeen require asphalt paving, asphalt overlays, asphalt repair, driveway paving, asphalt milling, parking lot striping, asphalt crack repair, asphalt sealcoating, concrete wheel stops, parking lot maintenance, concrete repair, or concrete paving, RDC Paving often provides them with the services that they need.
What Is the History of Killeen?
Although small farming communities had been established in the area during the early 1870s, Killeen’s history began with the arrival of the railroad in 1881. In fact, the town was named in honor of Frank Killeen, the railroad’s assistant general manager at the time. People began to move to Killeen from smaller communities in the surrounding area, and the population grew to 350 residents within three years of its founding. The railroad made Killeen a well-situated shipping point for grain, wool, and cotton, and the population more than doubled by 1900. For the next four decades, the city remained an isolated, small agricultural trade center, and fewer than 1,300 people made their homes in Killeen in 1940. World War II would bring dramatic changes to Killeen after Camp Hood was created as a training post. By 1950, the population of Killeen had swelled to more than 7,000, and Camp Hood was recommissioned as Fort Hood. The military base led to the loss of the town’s cotton gins and similar farming-based businesses after over 300 ranches and farms were absorbed by the base. The economy became based on providing services for the camp and the military families stationed there, and the town boasted 224 businesses and more than 21,000 residents by 1955. Throughout the decades, Fort Hood and Killeen’s prosperity have been intertwined, and Fort Hood employs more people than the combined total of the next nine major employers. As of 2019, Killeen had an estimated population of more than 151,600.
What Services Does RDC Paving Offer in Killeen?
We have the skills and experience to handle pavement-related projects of all scopes and sizes. Here are some of our most popular services in Killeen.
• Asphalt Paving: Asphalt pavements are both faster and less expensive to install than comparable concrete pavements, and this is also typically true if repairs become necessary.
• Driveway Paving: Whether you need a standard suburban drive, an impressive circular driveway, or a commercial drive, we can help.
• Asphalt Overlays, Killeen, TX: For substantially less than it would cost to reconstruct your asphalt pavement, you may be able to make your old pavement look and perform like a new one with an asphalt overlay.
• Asphalt Crack Repair,Killeen, TX: Prevent damage to your pavement’s foundation as well as additional damage to your pavement by having cracks repaired promptly.
• Asphalt Repairs, Killeen, TX: If you have pavement damage that cannot be addressed through crack repairs or other measures, an asphalt repair may be just the solution you need.
• Asphalt Sealcoating, Killeen, TX: Sealcoating can provide certain cosmetic benefits, but its most critical function is to shield asphalt pavements from the harmful effects of the sun, automotive fluids, and caustic chemicals.
• Asphalt Milling, Killeen, TX: Milling machines can cut rumble strips, smooth transitions between pavements, remove existing pavements quickly, solve certain drainage issues, or help ensure a high-quality overlay.
• Parking Lot Striping, Killeen, TX: The stripes and markings in your parking need to be highly visible, neat, and legally compliant. Professional parking lot striping can enhance safety, attract customers and tenants, and improve your property’s overall curb appeal.
• Concrete Wheel Stops,Killeen, TX: Wheel stops can help drivers determine the position of their vehicles within a parking space, but they can also help prevent vehicles from intruding into spaces where they should not go.
• Parking Lot Maintenance,Killeen, TX: We can tailor a maintenance plan that includes vital services, including sealcoating, crack repairs, parking lot striping, and asphalt repairs.
• Concrete Repair and Paving,Killeen, TX: We have the right equipment and skills to correctly install and repair concrete pavements.
For help with any of the above services, turn to the experts at RDC Paving. We are a well-respected company serving clients in many locations, including Killeen, Austin, Round Rock, San Marcos, Georgetown, Pflugerville, Cedar Park, and Leander. If you would like to request a free quote, you can submit our online form, or you can reach us at 512-920-9155.