When you manage or own a business, you are responsible for the entire property. Buildings and their systems must be kept in working order through routine maintenance and necessary repairs. Landscaped areas must be tended to keep whatever is planted in them healthy and neat. In short, you are responsible for maintaining your property’s value, curb appeal, and revenue stream by protecting critical assets, including your parking lot and other asphalt pavements. Asphalt sealcoating is one of the best investments you can make to keep your pavement safe, attractive, and healthy.
What Is Asphalt Sealcoating?
In general, a sealcoat is a product that is applied over the top of an object for protection or aesthetics, but some sealcoats provide both benefits simultaneously. Sealcoating is among those products that serve a dual purpose. Asphalt sealcoating companies receive their products as a dry concentrate that they must mix with sand and water to apply. Typically, an asphalt sealcoating company in Austin will use a sprayer to apply the liquid mixture, but squeegees may also be used in tight areas or around obstacles.
What Are the Benefits of Asphalt Sealcoating?
Sealcoating in Austin can provide a number of benefits. Some of these benefits are easier to quantify in financial terms than others, however.
1. Austin Texas asphalt sealcoating can help prevent the need for repairs. Typically, a sealcoating company charges just a few cents per square foot for the actual application. However, sealcoating can block harmful UV rays to help asphalt pavements retain their moisture, thereby reducing the number and severity of cracks. Sealcoating also helps prevent damage from petroleum-based vehicle fluids. Over the life of your pavement, you will need fewer repairs, and this could save you a significant amount of money.
2. Sealcoating can often double the useful life of an asphalt parking lot. Research has proven that a neglected asphalt parking lot can require a complete reconstruction in less than 10 years. If you have a reputable asphalt sealcoating company make your initial application within the pavement’s first year of life, then reapply sealcoating about every two years thereafter, your parking lot could last 20 years or longer.
3. Sealcoating can provide you with an excellent return on your investment. Asphalt sealcoating in Austin is extremely economical, but the potential savings you could realize are far from insignificant. By reducing repair costs and prolonging the pavement’s life, your paving ROI could be substantial.
4. Sealcoating enhances safety. First, it improves traction, making it less likely that pedestrians will slip and fall, or that vehicles will skid out of control. In addition, sealcoating makes your pavement markings more visible, which helps eliminate confusion and distractions.
5. Sealcoating boosts your curb appeal. It can restore faded asphalt to its original dark color, and it can also help prevent fading. As mentioned above, it provides excellent contrast for your pavement markings and line striping, enhancing the appearance of your property.
To learn more benefits of asphalt sealcoating, contact the experts at RDC Paving. We provide sealcoating, asphalt repairs, asphalt milling, asphalt overlays, asphalt driveway paving, asphalt crack repairs, and parking lot striping to customers in the greater Austin region. Furthermore, we can handle your concrete repairs, and we install concrete ADA fixtures as well as concrete driveways, curbs, ramps, parking lots, and sidewalks. In addition, we can create and deliver a parking lot maintenance program that is tailored to your specifications. We have a superb reputation for exceptional workmanship and exemplary service. To request a free, no-strings-attached quote, fill out our online form, email Ryan@RDCPaving.com, or call 512-920-9155.