At RDC Paving, our team members have decades of industry experience, a commitment to helping every customer get the best value for their money, and the skills needed to deliver work that is of the highest quality. If you have a tired, worn-out pavement in Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Georgetown, San Marcos, Pflugerville and Leander, an asphalt overlay might be a cost-effective way to add years to the life of your pavement.
What Are Asphalt Overlays?
An overlay is one or more layers of fresh asphalt that is installed over an existing pavement. The procedure is also known as asphalt resurfacing. Typically, the existing asphalt pavement is removed to a depth of about two inches, then the fresh asphalt is spread and compacted. The resulting surface has an appearance that is virtually indistinguishable from a new or rebuilt pavement, but overlays are far less expensive and faster to install.
How Do You Install an Asphalt Overlay?
Pavements can vary widely in terms of condition, age, and use, so we assess every pavement carefully before installation. Typically, however, we start by repairing any potholes, alligatored asphalt, and significant cracks. We thoroughly clean the pavement, then apply a tack coat to help the existing pavement and the fresh asphalt form a strong bond. The next step is to place the fresh asphalt in layers that are compacted before the next layer is placed. Generally, we replace the same depth of asphalt that we removed. This allows curb reveals, drain covers, and transitions to be retained at their proper heights.
When Might an Asphalt Overlay Be Impractical?
If your pavement has suffered severe damage to more than approximately 30% of its surface or supporting foundation, it may be more cost-effective to rebuild it than to overlay it. This may also be the case if the source of the damage or premature deterioration cannot be addressed without removing a substantial amount of the existing pavement to reach the source.
Why Choose RDC Paving Over a Generalist Contractor or Small Construction Company?
There is a great deal of variation between pavements, and there can be even more variation between contractors. At RDC Paving, Our Austin asphalt overlay contractors are proud of the differences that allow us to stand out from the pack.
- It takes a number of skills to create an asphalt overlay that will be durable and attractive, and we have all of the skills needed to ensure your satisfaction with our work.
- We use the best materials. All materials are carefully selected to provide superior results at an attractive price.
- We work fast, but we build to last. We use the latest techniques to ensure that your overlay will provide you with the kind of return you expect from your investment. We have the employees and equipment to install your overlay efficiently, allowing you to put your pavement into use quickly.
- Our team members are experienced paving professionals. We do not recruit day laborers or subcontractors to handle your work.
Let RDC Paving Help With Your Asphalt Overlay Needs in Austin, TX
In addition to asphalt overlays, we can provide you with asphalt repairs, sealcoating, crack repairs, asphalt milling, concrete paving, parking lot striping, concrete repairs, parking lot wheel stops, asphalt paving, parking lot maintenance, and driveway paving. To see for yourself why we are one of the most well-respected paving companies in Central Texas, contact us for a free quote by either filling out our online form or calling 512-920-9155 for your Asphalt Overlay needs in Hutto, Austin.
- What Is the Process for an Asphalt Overlay?
- Asphalt Overlay or Asphalt Replacement?
- Five Critical Things You Should Know About Asphalt Overlays